powered by Jive Software

Logging more than once on one acc

Hello!
I wanted to ask if it is possible to log in on one account more than once, and get all messages correctly sorry for my english

Yes, and maybe yes (depends on the server configuration and what you mean by “correctly”).

Hmm, I believe server configuration allows more than one connection, cause I’ve been using the official in-game chat,while being connected with Trillian (an XMPP Communicator) and everything was fine. The thing is that when more than one person connect to one account, using my app, exceptions listed below occur every message client should have read.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:320)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:63)

Again, It is late here where I live but wanted to reply asap and probably this English is awful, but thank u for ur reply

Well, I wanted to add that I actually gave up thinking that there is a way to do this, so I changed my whole app then I cant see the exception list right now. Im sure that those exceptions I’ve mentioned above are exactly same that I’ve seen on console, but I cant be sure about the line numbers(…java:320, java:43, java:63) However I’m 99% sure that these are correct, I will try try to get those exceptions 2morrow and will post if anything is different. I have found that these exceptions occur while logging more than once into one acc though I could do this using different client (Trillian).

Hi Piotr

Piotr Wrotniak wrote:

The thing is that when more than one person connect to one account, using my app, exceptions listed below occur every message client should have read.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:320)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:63)

This is just a stack trace, which alone is not very helpful. The real exception should be printed on top of the trace. Please post it too. (I would guess that it’s a parsing exception)

stream:error (text)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:260)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:70)

// right that was dumb ;D

I got the exception when second person log in and then I think every time msg is send

You can connect as the same user more than once, but each has to have a different resource. So the full jid must be different. If you log in twice with the same jid, one will be booted.