Login Fails when domainname changed


I just installed SparkWeb and run into a problem when I try logging after changing

the servername to include the domain information. It works if I use the default host name

chosen at setup ie.

It works if I leave it as:


It does not work if I change this to:


I get the below error.

Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.

I see others seem to have login problem as in the below thread :

but it does not seem to be related to the problem that I see. This becomes a problem if I try connecting from the internet as I see the “waiting for host” in the status line. I am using http binding (works well within the intranet). Here is the config info:

return {
server: “host.domain.com”,
connectionType: “http”,
port: “7070”,

autoLogin: “false”

You are suffering from the issue I am constantly warning users about. You need to configure your server with a Fully Qualified Domain Name to ensure that advanced features work correctly. You can fix this after the fact by changing your Server Name, XMPP Domain, and Server Certificates. This can all be done manually, or you can rerun the setup by editing the openfire.xml setup tag to read false. Also if your users are created locally on the openfire server they already have a JID of username@host. This is why you cannot login with username@host.domain.com. Nothing you do short of manually editing the database can resolve this, unlees each user is recreated.

Thanks for responding to my query. This is what I was trying to do, rerun setup and configure with a FQDN. The problem is once I configure with a FQDN, it does not allow me to login again wtih admin/admin or even if I change the password. Like you suggested it could be that the user admin is already in the DB and the only way might be deleting it from there or changing it to include the domain name (users are created locally on the server).

When you rerun the setup it should ask you to add an admin account this account should be able to login fine.

Thanks again for getting back. This was the admin account I was referring to. When I set/change password here, it would not

allow me to login after the setup. But I was able to resolve this by installing in an external mysql db and creating the setup

with a FQDN. I think the problem is with the embedded DB and like you suggested probably keeps id@host

combination and does not allow or recognize the new FQDN.

I just ran into the same issue, and it appears to be seperate issues, one is a bug in the upgrade as detailed here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/178404 .

This thread is marked as answered. Please start a new thread of your own.