powered by Jive Software

Login Problem using IE

I have SparkWeb setup to use http-binding on port 7443 as shown below. Openfire is setup to authenticate with an LDAP server if that matters. The problem I am seeing is that I can’t log into SparkWeb using Internet Explorer 8 and http-bind. I hit the login button and it just sits there. I can log in using Firefox and http-bind just fine. When I setup Sparkweb to use port 5222 instead of http-bind I can log in just fine with FireFox. As long as I set Client Connection Security to Optional that is. Can anyone suggest why I am having this problem using IE and http-bind?

How would I go about debugging this issue as far as using some kind of bebug interface? I have been using jabberd2 and I can start jabberd2 in debug mode and see the conversation between client and server. Is there something similar for Openfire? Excuse my Java/Openfire/Sparkweb newbiness.

Here is my http-bind and port 5222 configuration from the index.html files. Standard setup. (Server name changed for this post.)


function jive_sparkweb_getConfig() { return { server: "xxxx.xxxx.xxxx", connectionType: "https", bindPath: "/http-bind/", port: "7443", autoLogin: "false", policyFileURL: "xmlsocket://openfire.ddns.uark.edu:5229" }; } ------------------------------------------------------------------------ function jive_sparkweb_getConfig() { return { server: "xxxx.xxxx.xxxx", connectionType: "socket", port: "5222", autoLogin: "false", policyFileURL: "xmlsocket://openfire.ddns.uark.edu:5229" }; }

It looks like the reason why I could not log in with SparkWeb using Internet Explorer was due to the self signed cert. When I imported a valid cert I was able to log in with IE. We also saw this problem with Firefox in Linux…