Login using E-Mail-Adresses

Hi,

i run an small social network which i would like to enhance with an IM-Service via Openfire. Currently user login to my site with their Mail-Adress and a password. They should be able to login with the same credentials (E-Mail and password) when they use a jabber-client to connect to the Openfire-Server. Thing is, i don’t want to give them new credentials (uid@myDomain, password) just for the Chat.

I thought about building a custom AuthProvider and was wondering if anyone of you has another solution? I have no problem in using the ofUser-Database-Table if necessary, since it already has the Mail-Adress and a Password, nut the AuthProvider needs to be changed anyway, obviously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Coma

I’m not sure, but maybe this can be helpful http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-2055

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Our users don’t have an E-Mail-Account at our site, the register on our site with their private mail-account (may it be msn, googlemail, whatever they want). So the POP-Auth-Method is not working for me.

Thanks anyway

Coma

Hello Coma,

We are having exactly the same issue as you had, our users use their private mail-account to login to our other web services, have you found out how to get this to work? It would be good if we could get users to login by emails.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!