Lookin' for iPhone (BlackBerry/Android/Symbian/Palm) developing team

Hi, all.

I am looking for people skilled in iPhone (BlackBerry/Android/Symbian/Palm) application development (XMPP) to be involved in a project based on Openfire Server and a multiplatform XMPP client.

Anyone interested in can contact me to build this new team. Thanks in advance.

Simone

Anyone?

A multiplatform client as you intend to develop isn’t an easy task.

Mainly the problem is that there are no multiplatform frameworks for xmpp, at least I don’t know any.

Phonegap doesn’t support xmpp, neither does Rhodes or Appcelerator Titanium, so even though you can use those frameworks to develop a multiplatform application, you’ll have to glue-in external libraries like xmppframework for IOS and asmack for Android for the xmpp part and each one implements different features, what’s in one is missing in the other…

Hi, stickman… Thanks for your reply…

Well, I know it’s a hard work without a multiplatform framework as you suggested…

That is why there should be a volunteers’ team to work together on a same line but on different platforms/frameworks/libraries/SDKs…

As the team dedicated on servers’ and network’s architecture is already built and working…

Server part is running… Hope to have some good feebacks… Thanks again!!!

I think you may want to provide a lot more information about this team and what you are trying to accomplish if you expect anyone to give you some serious interest.

Are you looking for contractors or is this strictly volunteer work? You haven’t really given much information about the project or the environment in which you expect team members to work.

Of course I will give more detailed infos as soon as someone will show his interest in this project.

At first time we are seeking for other volunteers to involve mainly on the clients’ part.

First of all volunteers since the project aims to create a free (basic) mobile multiplatform XMPP service.

In future, when the service will be up and running for (at least) three platform, advanced features could be available on paid clients or on dedicated enterprise servers…

Well, the project is much more complex. So, if anyother should be interested, we could share a mutual NDA before start working together.

Thanks for your suggestions, anyway…

You’re coming to an open forum, sponsored by an open source company, looking for free help, and then requiring the free help to sign an NDA??? Puleeeeeeze. GTFO.

Smells like a deathmarch to me.

Someone asked me for MNDA, maybe to preserve their ideas… But it’s not a must for me. Anyway, right!

mike80439 ha scritto:

GTFO.

Ninjatek ha scritto:

deathmarch.

Ok, altough your “words”, I understood… Maybe I wasn’t clear enough.

I wrote what I wrote based on first feedbacks I received about this project… So it seems everything can be done more “freely” without any kind of “contracting” and this cleared my ideas!

So, thanks!!!

For your endeavour, you should go to freelancer.com, vworker.com, guru.com, etc. and post your job. Persons with the appropriate skills will then enter an offer to develop your software. After corresponding with these offerers, you can then select the person(s) to perform the work based on competence and price.

I would suggest, however, that you reread stickman’s comments. Instead of one job, post multiple jobs, one for each platform.

Best regards.

Thanks for the advice… It’s an idea…

Anyway, we are still trying to grow up our volunteers’ team…

mike80439 ha scritto:

For your endeavour, you should go to freelancer.com, vworker.com, guru.com, etc. and post your job. Persons with the appropriate skills will then enter an offer to develop your software. After corresponding with these offerers, you can then select the person(s) to perform the work based on competence and price.

I would suggest, however, that you reread stickman’s comments. Instead of one job, post multiple jobs, one for each platform.

Best regards.