Lucene Lock errors in Openfire Log files

Hi All,

The below error are seen on my Openfire logs. I have tried deleting the lucene-*.lock files from /tmp directory but the error still creeps in. Have anyone faced any similar issue? Please let me know why this happens and if there is a known resolution.

2009.07.10 11:54:01 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.
component.InternalComponentManager$2.error(InternalComponentManager.java:338)]
java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out: Lock@/tmp/lucene-3b43e6ee9f761adc2804afef8cfa4d66-write.lock
at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:56)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:254)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.(IndexWriter.java:204)
at org.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.search.ChatSearchManager.getWriter(ChatSearchMa nager.java:942)
at org.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.search.ChatSearchManager.updateIndex(ChatSearch Manager.java:471)
at org.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.WorkgroupManager$5.run(WorkgroupManager.java:53 2)

Thanks,
Rajashree

Hi Rajashree,

Did you fix this? I have the same issue, although the location is /var/tmp.

Regards

Donald

Donald,

The error indicates that there is existence of lucene-*.lock files. These are errors that occur when the lucene index files are left locked even after the process completes its operation. One possible reason could be that the application was not shutdown properly.

Could you try doing the following :

a. Stop the server.

b. Delete all the

lucene-*.lock files from /tmp (or) /var/tmp directory (In case of Linux Box).

c. Start the Openfire server.

My issue was resolved when i made a Server Upgrade. But, when i followed the above approach the Java Memory usage issue was not too high (The Java memory usage seems to be jumping from 20 % to 40% (of two gigabytes) while these exceptions were thrown.)

Regards,

Rajashree

Hi Rajashree,

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately it does not work for me.

The stream of errors continues.

Regards

Donald

Hi,

I’m encountering similar problems.

2010.07.06 09:16:10 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$2.error(InternalC omponentManager.java:354)]
org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out: SimpleFSLock@/usr/share/openfire/index/XXXXXXXXX/write.lock

I’m using the FastPath plugin which requires Lucene. But I guess I need to rebuild the required index?

Which version of Lucene is the best to work with? I have Lucene 2.9.3.

Thanks,

Sven

Ik ben niet meer werkzaam bij de Evangelisch Omroep.

Uw kunt uw bericht voor de de afdeling internet sturen naar internet@eo.nl

Met vriendelijke groet

Donald Kok