Mac OS X client flaky !?

I have been using the Mac & Win client and I have found the Mac version to be a bit flaky. The UI has a tendency to become slow and unresponsive. I also have noticed that when you close the roster window you can not reopen it by clicking on the icon in the Dock. You can get it to show up id you go into the Spark Prefs, but the roster will not function after that and you have to quit and relaunch the app. I have tested it on 10.2.x - 10.4.4 (10.4 worked better) with similar results. Is there anything that can be done or do I have to wait for an update?

Thanks

Grant H.

Other Client Problems:

Client forget the settings I have set, like use 5223 and server address, even when settings are stored in XML files.

New Account, Advanced, and Login button has a strange affect around them, one letter in each have are underline on them and not on others. Also a aqua style button appears when the mouse moves over them but the sizes are wrong and should not have a white square background.

I have also notice that the client has from time to time not open the login screen. The application is open but no login window, the only way to get Spark to open right is to delete the Spark folder that houses the setting XML files.

Thanks Grant,

I’'m working hard to get the mac build up to speed with the windows build. The fixes will be in the 1.1 release due out Feb. 7th.

Keep them coming please.

Derek

That’'s great news, I will be waiting for that update.

Derek,

Is there a complete list of issues that are going to fixed in the next release? Just wanted to see what else there is. I,am just to lazy to look though all the posts :& .

Grant.

http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hi de&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10060&fixfor=10221

Alex

I have had a problem with the Mac problem quitting and then not being able to sign back in, it just hangs at authentication. I didn’'t see anything like this in the bug list…did I miss it?

Greg

The 7th has come and gone, what is the new rollout date?

Grant.

Hi Grant,

it was the 9th, if your download page did not update then http://www.jivesoftware.org/download-landing.jsp?file=builds/spark/spark_1_1_0.d mg should be the direct link.

LG

LG,

Thanks for the post with the client update. I installed 1.1.0 and It is a major improvement compared to the previous version.

Well I’'ve installed the new Spark 1.1.0 client and found some interesting issues.

Issues:

1. Client can search chat rooms but it is a bit slower then previous version.

2. It dose not seem to list the room active participants

3. You can only bookmark 5 rooms and those rooms are not stored on relauch.

4. Client forgets to keep the (show empty groups) on relaunch.

Requested Items:

1. Bookmark room when in chat room.

2. Change user status (Away, Offline,…) from inside chat room.

Thanks for the feedback Grant. I’‘m happy that the 1.1 build is working better for you We’'ve been making a real effort to make sure that the Mac and Linux builds are up to par with the Windows build.

As for your issues

1. Bookmark room issue - SPARK-217

2. Client forgets “Show Empty Groups” on relaunch - SPARK-216.

Thanks,

Derek

I have been testing the new 1,1,1 Spark client, NICE JOB on the fixes. The client works really well now and I can see that this client is on its way. There are still a few bugs but the major ones seem to have been fixed. It’'s nice to see people actually listen and fix known issues.

I just wanted to say thanks to the dev team and programmers. Keep up the great work.

Grant.