Major Openfire 3.5.0 RC1 bug

Hey,

Just to report a main bug of this version is that if user a talks to user b, user b will recieve no messages unless user b starts talking to user a this is not client specific, if user b does not reply, user a gets an ‘out of sync’ error thrown at them, nothing in the logs though. Doesn’t happen to everyone only random people.

I’ve heard someone internally at Ignite is also having this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Message was edited by: winsrev

Hey winsrev,

Just to report a main bug of this version is that if user a talks to user b, user b will recieve no messages unless user b starts talking to user a this is not client specific,

Both igniterealtime.org and jivesoftware.com are using Openfire 3.5.0 and we are not experiencing this problem. The closest case I heard was from two Jive employees that were using Adium and they were never able to get messages. They switched to another client and the problem was gone.

if user b does not reply, user a gets an ‘out of sync’ error thrown at them, nothing in the logs though. Doesn’t happen to everyone only random people.

What is an ‘out of sync’ error? Is it something the client is complaining about? Have you tried using the xml debugger plugin to monitor the traffic between clients and narrow down the problem?

I’ve heard someone internally at Ignite is also having this problem. Any ideas?

Are you referring to Jive employees? The only case I heard inside of Jive was the one I mentioned above. Any information on how to reproduce this problem will help us analyze it.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hmm, this sounds like a bizzare situation, the main problem is, there doesn’t appear to be any problems (in terms of both debugging and error log) although if i remember there is a similar topic on the forum somewhere. Sorry i can’t shed anymore light on the situation.

Thanks.