Major Upgrade

I have version 3.3.2 and want to go current 3.6.4. My version was compiled by hand, running on Ubuntu server. Can I simply download the debian .deb file, stop the old service and install / start the new?

Are there DataBase changes, or scripts that need to be ran?

Where can I get info on upgrades?

Thanks,

flippinsweetdude

I have version 3.3.2 and want to go current 3.6.4. My version was compiled by hand, running on Ubuntu server. Can I simply download the debian .deb file, stop the old service and install / start the new?

I would recommend to make a backup before updating. The tar.gz as well as the source code version store all config and log files in subdirectories of the openfire folder. The distribution packages has different places for storing this data. The debian package stores the config files in /etc/openfire instead of the conf subfolder of openfire. The logs are in the /var/log/openfire directory for the debian package. So I would recommend to stop the service, make a backup, install the debian package, replace the config files in /etc/openfire with your old config files, start and test the new updated version.

Are there DataBase changes, or scripts that need to be ran?

Yes, but they should be automatically applied when you start the updated version for the first time.

Where can I get info on upgrades?

Read the Upgrade Guide or here in the forum.

Hi,

you may also want to take a look at Linux Installation Guide

LG