Masking agent names in fastpath webchat

Is there a way for fastpath agents to mask their usernames during a fastpath chat session with a customer using the fastpath web client without altering the fastpath web client plugin? If so, how?

ipso,

At this time their is no way to mask an agent’s username. That’s a good idea though, so I will log it as a feature request.

If you enter a name on the users Vcard in Spark > Edit My Profile it will use that name instead of using the username.

I would like to roll this out to our call center. One requirement that they have is to not give out the agent’s full name. First name and last initial is sufficient. This seems to be show stopper for them. I tried editing my vCard but I am unable to save it. I believe it is because I have LDAP enabled with Active Directory. Has there been any progress on this front?

Thanks

Jarred

From my understanding the masking feature for fastpath hasn’t been implemented yet but I’ve had a work around in place for a couple of weeks now. It’s not pretty but it provides for some very interesting capabilities. This gist of the scheme involves every fastpath agent having an account specifically for fastpath in a second user directory. In that directory you can configure the agents name to exactly how it should appear in during fastpath conversations. This second user directory can be utilized along side your primary user directory using a combination of HybridAuthProvider and a class called HybridUserProvider which is not a part of the Openfire API. More information about the HybridUserProvider class can be found here and here.

We also had the problem that we couldn’t save the information in the vCards.

We needed the mask the agent names to.

Our solution was to change the vcard provider in conf/openfire.xml

Change

<vcard>

~ <className>org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapVCardProvider</className >~

~ </vcard>~

To

<vcard>

^ <className>org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.JDBCVCardProvider</className >^

^ </vcard>^

Then your changes in Spark our saved to the database and the agent names can be whatever they want.

hi.

is there solution for this feature without coding?

what is "Agents are allowed to change their names: " in the openfire frontend?

thx

herodes wrote:

hi.

is there solution for this feature without coding?

what is "Agents are allowed to change their names: " in the openfire frontend?

thx

I will also like to hear about how to mask agent name…as if i change the Nickname(which is an option), it also means that when such person makes private discussions with his/her friend it will still appear as the Nickname…which is not proper. “by the way, what is the function of Agents are allowed to change their names”?