Maximum number of users in MUC room

Hi,

we are using JM 2.3.0 beta 1. We have about 20 rooms and about 300 concurent users. When number of occupants in room became greater than 200, sometimes it’'s not possible to enter this room. In my opinion, this happens because server process groupchat messages very slow. May it can be optimized?

Regards,

Tim

Hey Tim,

Interesting load you have in the rooms. Could you get some thread dumps (4 or 5) of the JVM at different times where you see the server not responding very fast? Feel free to send them by email since the post would be rather large.

Thanks,

– Gato

Gato,

the problem is disapeared when I turn off log room converation switch. It seems that JM makes sql query for every converation log entry, so it is slowing down its work. It will be good, if one can set up log flush interval. With out conversation logging I can have more than 1000 users in one room. I realy believe, that this enhancement will be implemented as soon as possible.

Regards,

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the info. From the admin console you can set the flush interval and the batch size to save (see the Other Settings menu item under Group Chat). Anyway, room conversation is saved to the database using another process so could you obtain and send me by email a couple of thread dumps so I can analyze where the bottleneck is.

Thanks,

– Gato