powered by Jive Software

Merged monitoring/open archive plugins

I did a similar task for a client who wanted XEP-0136 support. Sadly, they wanted a lot more non XEP-0136 additions so I couldn’t give the work back to Openfire. I’ll give this a try when I get home, as I have some testing scripts for XEP-0136 that I can try this on (no client supports the extension).

Sure it’d work but I don’t believe it’s cluster aware. Wouldn’t take much to add that functionality though.

Source below:

http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/openfire/trunk/src/plugins/monitoring/

Be great if you could share your testing scripts for XEP-0136, looking to automate some of the testing for this plugin.

Regarding a client which supports XEP-0136…our company is actively working on one. The client has its origins in the SparkWeb flash client. We’re looking to add chat archiving to it and release it at some point in the near(ish) future.

Hi!

I’ve got some troubles with your plugin. I’m trying to recieve archived messages directly from Openfire with strophe.js and strophe archive plugin (https://github.com/metajack/strophejs-plugins/tree/master/archive).

That’s because Monitoring plugin has an archive delay (idle time), and i can’t get messages from MySQL instantly after user wrote it (if he refreshes page for example).

I’m sending this kind of stanzas to openfire:

 <presence xmlns='jabber:client'/>

 <iq type='get' id='7739:list' xmlns='jabber:client'>

      <list xmlns='[http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns](http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns)'           with='504461799af8ee1e04000005@localhost/xmpphp'/>

 </iq>
 <iq type='get' id='9451:retrieve' xmlns='jabber:client'><retrieve           xmlns='[http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns](http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns)'           with='504461799af8ee1e04000005@localhost/xmpphp' start='2012-08-11T13:16:12.291Z'/>

 </iq>

And i recieve 503 error in response:

<retrieve xmlns="http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#ns"with=“504461799af8ee1e04000005@localhost/xmpphp”

start=“2012-08-11T13:16:12.291Z”/>

** **

Same error had this guy:

unfortunately, no response

Same response with Open Archive, your plugin, both installed and any other combination, i’ve tried everything being desperate

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english!

Just a FYI -

Since installing the new monitoring plugin, when archving Group Conversations the participants name in the chat body comes up as “null”

For example:

(8:01 PM) null: test

(8:01 PM) null: test2

cross posted from http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2012/12/02/new-monitoring-plugi n-for-openfire

Hi,

I am using the clustering plugin for my clustered setup. I tried to use the monitoring plugin in my setup.; however, the monitoring tools don’t seem to appear.

Can anyone advice?

Best Regards,

Stevenson Lee

Having the plugin under Apache license is great news for us.

Can you edit the original post and state clearly that the plugin is now under Apache license, and not GPL?

Having this doubt regarding the licesne is a major blocker for us.

Thanks,

Avner

Done.

Thanks, fixed: http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-664

Hi Leon,

Would you like the plugin provided by the Ignite website refreshed to the latest code? Rephrasing, would you like to make an updated release of the plugin?

daryl

Hi Daryl,

Already done

Was about to email to ask if someone could take down 1.3.0 on the Openfire Plugins page (and Dele’s post) and put the attachment here in its place:

best,

-Leon

Done.

Dele’s post updated

Leon Roy wrote:

http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/ OF-611 Is still pending, I know some of you who upgraded to 1.3.0 have missing messages but fear not there is no data loss. It’s still in there.

Once I have time I’ll release 1.3.2 which will safely restore those messages.

I am running OF 3.8.1 and Monitoring 1.3.1-rc1, and while I don’t have any error messages - all I get is “The messages in this conversation were not archived”. Will that be fixed in the 1.3.2 release too? Is there a workaround for now? Not being able to answer questions on past chats is awful

Thanks,

Brant

Sorry to hear. Best to create a new thread for this but in the meantime.

Few points:

  1. Are you able to see any messages in the Monitoring plugin admin pages.

Go to Server > Archiving > Click on Search

Should see something like this:

Any other screenshots would be very helpful.

  1. Gather logs immediately after reproducing the issue please. Paste the last few errors from:

C:\Program Files\Openfire\logs\error.log

C:\Program Files\Openfire\logs\warn.log

Debian Linux:

/var/log/openfire/

RedHat/CentOS:

/opt/openfire/logs/

Hi Leon,

Well, I am not sure what’s going on. My database of messages seems to be growing still, it was 6MB and now growing as we speak. It is now at 485. Here’s 2 screenshots from this morning, and the logs (via the admin panel) are all blank. I am running this on Mac OS and get a permission denied message when trying to get into the /usr/local/openfire directory.


Might be easiest if you just copy and paste the contents of your Error and Warn logs from the Openfire Admin Console page (Server > Logs).

I tried that, as I mentioned, they are all blank

I can give you remote access to this machine if you want - I’m that desperate!

Database size is now ~750 MB! Argh!

Sure, send me a private message with TeamViewer access if possible. Microsoft Remote Desktop or SSH and Web access is fine too.

(Do make sure it’s a private message otherwise you’ll have bigger issues than a leaky database