Message Audit Policy

We recently moved upgraded our linux (Ubuntu Hardy) server from an older version of Wildfire to the newest version (3.5.1) and I noticed that the audit function no longer writes log files. At first, it would only write them after 12:00 pm, which I thought was strange. Now, it won’t write any logs. In fact, it even deleted the logs we had before the update.

The audit settings are:

Folder: /var/log/openfire-audit

Max size of all files (MB): 10000

Max file size (MB): 10

Maximum days to archive: 999999

Flush interval (seconds): 60

Packets to audit: Message Packets Only

I checked the folder permissions and the openfire user and group has full access (the folder is set to 0775). We have a custom application that we use the read the audit log files, so we can’t use the new Monitoring Service plugin. Plus we need the “Ignore packets from/to users” feature. The Monitoring Service plugin does not have this feature.

Have you tried purging all your old log files? Also the Monitoring plugin is now available. This plugin will allow you to monitor the chats as well. This used to be available to enterprise customers only.

Please read the last couple sentances of my original post, "We have a custom application that we use the read the audit log files,

so we can’t use the new Monitoring Service plugin. Plus we need the

“Ignore packets from/to users” feature. The Monitoring Service plugin

does not have this feature."

Also, the server deleted all the old log files by itself, which is also part of the problem, as mentioned.