Message sent client show no reaction

Hello,

sometime my Spark users meet the problem: they type a message and click enter to send the message. On their side nothing happens, cursor is in last place. But the other side recive message, once by once, every thime sender click enter. The solution is to exit spark and run it once again.

We use Spark IM 2.6.3 and Openfire 3.7.1 on Ubuntu Server 3.2.0-35-generic. Clients are on Windows 7.

The issue somtimes happen, sometimes not. I’m not shure if it is a problem of OpenFire or with Spark.

Can You help me debug and solve the issue?

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue here. Spark 2.6.3 client on Windows 7 fully patched up to this past Tuesday. Openfire 3.7.1 on Windows 2003 Server. Client hits enter multiple times to send a message and nothing appears above in their chat history unless they close and reopen the chat window. The receiver sees every message where the sender has hit enter.

1 Like

This is probably related to something corrupted in user’s history files. The easiest way to try to fix this is to delete user’s profile (history will be lost) and start with a new one. Or trying to find the corrupted history file, which can be hard.

Spark profile:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark

1 Like

For me works just close Spark and run it again. No need to manually delete profile.

So have You any hint, how to debug the problem?

Turning off Spark is a short workaround. Deleting the profile hopefully will fix this for a longer period.

Deleting the profiles worked for me. Clients have not had the problem in the past week.

Thanks, I’ll try.

Anyway, i would be cool to solve the problem definitely.