Messages are being send to wrong resource

Hi,

When I am logged in multiple times, at home (away and priority set to 1) and at school (online and priority set to 5), I am assuming messages should be send to my client at school. This client is even logged in most recent.

But most of the time messeges are being sent to the client at home. Even messages from conversations started after the second login. So I have to forward all the messages.

I assume messeges should have been sent to my client at school, because of the higher priority.

This is only tested with messages sent to me via MSN, since I don’‘t have any contacts in my roster who are using jabber. So I don’'t know if this is related to OpenFire or the gateway-plugin.

Can anyone help me or is this normal behavior?

Hi,

Openfire chooses normally the last used connection to send messages. If the gateway sends the messages to your “/home” resource instead of sending them to no resource then the messages are routed to your home client and not to the active one.

For me it seems to be a problem of the gateway plugin.

LG

Thank you for your answer.

Could a mod move this topic to the right forum then?

Hi,

creating simply a new thread in the gateway forum may be much faster. Threads are moved not very often, not to say never.

LG