powered by Jive Software

Messenger Search plug-in

I have my Jive Messenger server using LDAP and getting user info from Windows Active Directory. When a user searches from Psi the only fields we get back are username, name and email address. The JID field disappears. When you try to add a contact from the result list it ads an invalid user JID. Is there a way to fix this with Psi?

Thank you for your time.

Hi Mr. Smurf,

I think I’‘ve fixed the issue but I want to do a bit more testing to be sure. Once I’‘m certain everything is ok I’'ll check the changes into cvs and then coordinate with the developers to get a new version posted to the plugin download page.

Thanks,

Ryan

wow! Thats awesome. Thanks a bunch.

Just a quick follow-up… I checked the changes into cvs this morning, I’‘m not sure when a new version will be posted to the downloads page so if you need the new version right away you’'re best bet is to check the code out from cvs and build it yourself.

Please let me know if you come across anything else.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi, Ryan:

First, thanks for your work about the Search Plugin, I’‘m using Jive Messenger now, and your plugin too. But, I found it have some bugs and its function can’'t satisfy my requirement, so I modify your plugin these days, and now, I have finished some functions. Can I share my job on the server and add my name to your great work?

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely yours: zyh

Hi zyh,

I’‘m happy to hear you’‘re getting some use out of the plugin. What sort of issues are you having with it? If you’‘d like to send me your changes I’'d be happy to look them over and see if they should be added to the source.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan, I am testing the new search plug-in v1.0.4 and it still has an issue with the JID field. When I do a search its returning the value as the JID. For example this is my AD LDAP mapping config for Jive:

sAMAccountName

displayName

mail

When I search the plugin is returning the displayName@jabberexample.com for the JID which is usually the users Full name such as “Joe Smith” or “Smith, Joe”. It should be returning the sAMAccountName value so it will be jsmith@jabberexample.com

Thank you for your time.

Hi Poppa,

Thanks for the catch. My tests assumed that the user’‘s name and username were the same, which obviously isn’‘t always the case. I’‘ve checked in a fix and contacted Matt so hopefully he’‘ll be able to post the revised version soon.The version won’‘t change but it’‘ll have today’'s date. If you need the new version sooner please let me know and I can send it to you.

Thanks,

Ryan

Matt has posted the udpated version. Give it a shot and let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

Great seems to work fine now! I just gotta work out another issue with server based groups.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Ryan,

I would like to send my modified version to u soon. And I will read your newly source these days, I hope that I can contribute to your development, or maybe I could join the team for development in some new useful plugin. Sorry for my pool English, too.

Yours, zyh

Hi, Ryan:

I have send my modified version to your email, pls check for it soon.

Yours, zyh

Hi Ryan,

I send the source to you again, I thought you can read it this time.

Yours, zyh