Migrated Openfire to new sever, lost conference history

Pretty simply stated, we are migrating from one machine to a VM. Everything seems to be working perfectly with the niggling loss of our conference room history. Is there some simple, convenient, and documented method of finding the history on the original machine and bringing it over to the new one? I’d even settle for a complex and painful method.

Thanks!

Sean

Hi Sean,

Do you mean that the MUC chat history is no longer in the database or that the history is not displayed in the chatrooms at openfire launch?

daryl

Hi Daryl.

We simply brought up a new copy of OpenFire - since we were changing versions, it seemed to be the sensible solution to simply do a clean install with the latest version. Everything went very smoothly, a tribute to the designers. We did note though, without giving it a thought before hand, that we had no conference room history. I assume that it’s still somewhere on the original server (we haven’t yet blown it away) and are wondering how to get at it - where it lives, how to extract it.

Is there a wiki or a doc that describes this and how I can get it from the database? Perhaps there’s a simple way to import the old DB.

Thanks for your response and your help.

Sean

Hi Sean,

This will require some elbow grease. The mucconversationlog table holds your previous MUC chats, but to use it, you will need to mantain the relation with mucroom, where roomid is shared between the two tables. If you already created the chatrooms on the new server, you will have to use some care.

In general, the database upgrade process is well supported and openfire will work to make sure your schema version matches what the current release expects.

daryl