Migrating Openfire Version: 3.5.2 to 3.6 Database

How do i migrate from older version of Openfire to a newer one

seems that i cant migrate user, roster and group bec the table are different.

i tried exporting by using the pluging user import export to xml.

but seems that during importing in the 3.6 openfire nothing happen

i hope theres someone who can help me migrating 400+ users

to new 3.6 openfire database by using MSSQL

thank you…

The first thing is to back up your database,

then, you can find the sql upgrade scripts in /…/database/upgrade/ directory, run them for upgrading your database.

/…/database/upgrade/ directory -> on openfire 3.6 folder found in programf files

i can see there are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9…20 folder with the same .sql scripts…

i hope you will provide me a step by step details…

thank you so much for your reply…

thank you once again…

Guys… is there any other link where to migrate or upgrade DB on 3.5 to 3.6?

thank you…

Hi,

did you try to install Openfire 3.6.x and let Openfire update the MySQL database? This should work and would be the most easy solution.

If you want to do this manually:

You get the current database version connect to mysql and execute “select * from OFVERSION;” - it should return “openfire 16” and mybe some more rows if you did install plugins.

Look in the openfire_3_6_3/resources/database/upgrade/ directory. There you will find the update scripts 17/openfire_mysql.sql, 18/openfire_mysql.sql, 19/openfire_mysql.sql and 20/openfire_mysql.sql which you can run manually. You need again to connect to mysql, choose the database where you did install Openfire, likely with “use openfire;” and then you can run the scripts with “source …path-to…/17/openfire_mysql.sql;” and so on.

In any case you should make a backup of your database before you try to update it.

LG

RE: did you try to install Openfire 3.6.x and let Openfire update the MySQL database? This should work and would be the most easy solution.

Actually i did install openfire 3.6 and overwrite the old version and the moment i open the web console while prompting database i got an error like problem on tables…

RE: Look in the openfire_3_6_3/resources/database/upgrade/ directory. There you will find the update scripts 17/openfire_mysql.sql, 18/openfire_mysql.sql, 19/openfire_mysql.sql and 20/openfire_mysql.sql which you can run manually.

So it means that ill connect to the old database of openfire 3.5 then go to MSSQL analyzer then run the 17,18,19,20 MSSQL.sql scripts to update it to

OPENFIRE 3.6 database?

im currently using MSSQL server 2000

Updated:

1. I restore the old database from openfire 3.5 to MSSQL SERVER 2000

2. Installed Openfire 3.6.x

3. Heres the screenshot of the error… i also attached the console errors of somekind of upgrading…thanks…

Attached…

thanks for the reply LG.
openfire errors.txt (3965 Bytes)

it seems that the database updating failed or it didnot work. just do the update manually just as LG said.