Migration from Ubuntu to CentOS 6.5. Daemon not starting

I’m migrating OF from Ubuntu to CentOS 6.5.

Differences:

Directory location change from ‘/usr/share/openfire’ to ‘/opt/openfire’

User change from ‘openfire’ to ‘daemon’

My steps so far:

1. Installed latest .rpm to CentOS machine (new server)

2. Copied openfire/conf/openfire.xml from the old machine to the new machine. Permissions are identical between the two machines, but swap ‘openfire’ owner to ‘daemon’

3. MySQL database was copied ENTIRELY, so the entire database is identical, even non-openfire related items. Full mysqldump performed and then imported on the new server.

Issue:

Server process does not start.

[root@communitytest conf]# /etc/init.d/openfire start

Starting openfire:

[root@communitytest conf]#

I’m expecting a typical [OK] message. I get no feedback, but the process(es) has/have not started.

[root@communitytest conf]# ps -ef | grep openfire

root 4913 4274 0 07:13 pts/1 00:00:00 grep openfire

[root@communitytest conf]# ps -ef | grep daemon

dbus 1654 1 0 May28 ? 00:00:00 dbus-daemon --system

root 4915 4274 0 07:14 pts/1 00:00:00 grep daemon

[root@communitytest conf]#

In addition, there is no log file created, so I am unable to determine anything there, either.

What can I check next?

I needed 32-bit libraries installed. (Thanks sweettea in the #openfire IRC room)

sudo yum install libstdc++.i686

and then

$ ps -ef | grep openfire

daemon 5659 1 99 10:58 ? 00:00:06 /opt/openfire/jre/bin/java -server -DopenfireHome=/opt/openfire -Dopenfire.lib.dir=/opt/openfire/lib -classpath /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar -jar /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar

arts 5697 5555 0 10:58 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto openfire

This pleases me greatly.

Two things to note, the way to start sysv init scripts on rhel is via the ‘service’ command, so ‘service openfire start’, some logs may have appeared at /opt/openfire/logs/nohup.out

Why isn’t libstdc++ included as a dependency during RPM generation?