powered by Jive Software

Missing new lines chars in multiple line messages from ichat

Hi,

i have a really big and strange problem with multiple line messages send from iChat and saving them in database.

I send a message to a chatroom from iChat this way:

"Hello

This

is

a Test"

and the message in database is saved this way:

“Hello This is a Test”.

New lines chars are missing between words. We don’t have this problem with Pidgin. We tried also with Adium on Mac and it works properly. This problem is only with iChat.

Why this happen? How to fix this problem?

From iChat multiple lines are created by alt+enter or ctrl+enter.

I hope that someone can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advanced!

I think that there is something very important about this problem that we need to note.

Messages with multilines from iChat are transfered correctly to other clients.

From Pidgin i see all new lines that comes with multiline messages from iChat and message is formated and shown right.

But as i posted already in my first port, in database the records for these messages are not right.

New line chars are missing for iChat messages.

We did some more tests and here is the result.

When i type this in ichat to some member from list:

"this is only

a test for new lines

from ichat, but this time
it is for private messaging

this message is saved in the db
until the user gets online

"

This is a private message to user that is offline currently.

Then we checked database and we see that in database the message is saved this way:

"
this is only a test for new lines from ichat, but this time it is for private messaging this message is saved in the db until the user gets online

this is only
a test for new lines

from ichat, but this time
it is for private messaging

this message is saved in the db
until the user gets online
"

This message stays in database until user get online.

IMPORTANT NOTE IN THE MESSAGE: PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST BODY THAT IS FORMATED IN BOLD ITALIC.

This body content is wrong (does not include new lines) and there is a HTML version that is correct. The muc log is populated with the body content and it is wrong. The message that is send over at the moment of sending or saved in the DB for later delivery is complete (plain + HTML) and the receiving client can decode the HTML version and this way it is ok at this moment. What is wrong is the version saved in the muc log.

Please DEVELOPERS of openfire to pay attention of this and if is possible to fix this problem.

This is really unpleasant problem and i would like to have this fixed.**
**

I hope that this post will help developers to find out the reason and to fix this problem.