Monitoring 1.01 and Openfire 3.6.2

Hello

I have recently upgraded my Openfire server to 3.6.2. It was previously 3.5.1.

The upgrade seems to have gone through successfully however the Monitoring plugin does not seem to work.

I have restarted the plugin from the admin console and it does state that it has been reloaded however it is still not working.

After reading some other posts it seems that Monitoring 1.01 will work for 3.5.x but not for 3.6.2.

I assume that the latest version of Monitoring 1.1.1 will work but I’m not sure.

Can this be upgraded without taking the server down. There is the option to delete the plugin. If I do that and then upload the new monitoring plugin should it just start to work? I see that you can manually remove the plugin however it would be preferred to not take the server down.

you need to be running the latest version of the plugin. depending on the os of the server you may not be able to upgrade easily. windows servers do not seeam to be able to fully stop the plugins to remove them.

It’s running on a windows 2003 server.

I have the option in the admin console to upload the new version. I’m just not sure what that’s going to do with the old one still listed there. I haven’t been able to find any kind of instructions for installing plugin updates.

It is supposed to stop the current one remove it and replace it. but windows generally will fail at this because windows will flag files as in use.