Monitoring archive shows null in room chat logs

Apparantly these two lines (below) in ConversationUtils.java cause null to be shown instead of username.

Line 245 and same line at 329

from = message.getToJID().getResource();

This is basically because earlier resource was stored in fromjid/tojid column of database.

But now resource is stored in fromjidresource and tojidresource columns instead of fromjid/tojid.

So above two lines always returns null and hence logs also show null.

So please fix the bug.

Can anyone please file bug report for this?

I am experiencing this issue as well, and have not been able to find an answer in any of the forum discussions I read; here or elsewhere.

I have commented that line (whole if statment). And it solves my problem. Logs will always show registered username instead of nickname used in room.

Where is this ConversationUtils.java file located?

Please use find tool. I do not have access to source right now. Must be in monitoring plugins code.

Hello

Where is this file please?

can’t find it in an Ubuntu , openfire installed with deb

You will not find this file in BINARY distribution.

You need to recompile it from source code.

In source code it is located at:

src/plugins/monitoring/src/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire/archive/ConversationUt ils.java

Can we get this reported as a major bug? It seems that it’s existed for at least a couple versions, and, it does somewhat defeat the purpose of chat logging in group chats.

I can also verify that I am having this bug. Occured after I belive upgrading to the new monitoring plugin. Maybe Wroot can file a ticket on this.

Ninjatek wrote:

Maybe Wroot can file a ticket on this.

Yes, i have filed this now as OF-664. Assigned this to Leon Roy (who has worked on the latest plugin version). But i haven’t heard from him for a while, so, not sure fs he still working on this.

1 Like

this new beta version of Monitoring Service plugin 1.3.1 this should work with openfire 3.8.1

kindly findout new version attchment
monitoring-1.3.1-beta2.jar (1541387 Bytes)

If this is based off of the latest version in the Trunk that is what I am currently using and experiencing the issue. If nothing comes about I’ll take a stab at the code and post a patch based on the description of the solution in the thread topic.

I tried your attachment to no avail. It seems that it no longer performs any archiving functions using that version of the plugin. I hope this is resolved in the next version.

1.3.1-rc1 for the monitoring plugin has fixed all my issued thus far.

I am using the most recent version of the Monitoring Plugin and am getting the following errors in the log:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1073)

The tabs for the plugin are visible in the web GUI, but, it does not seem to be monitoring and recording any new or existing chats.

bump