Monitoring plugin feature request - expose counters via URL

Hi,

It would be great if the monitoring plugin was able to expose all the statistics via a URL which didn’t require authentication, like the Presence Service plugin does for presence information. Plain text, or even XML would be great.

If that’s not an option (or it can already be done), can someone tell me how to expose the statistics so that I can monitor them with an external application (Cacti)?

I can get the active users and active conversations stats with a couple of database queries:

Active Users:

SELECT COUNT(bareJID) FROM ofconparticipant WHERE leftdate > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 10 MINUTE))*1000;

Active Conversations:

SELECT COUNT(conversationID) FROM ofconversation WHERE lastActivity > UNIX_TIMESTAMP(DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 10 MINUTE))*1000;

But I can’t figure out how to get the other stats out.

Many thanks,

Ben.

I’m also looking for something like this request (also for Cacti graphing via SNMP)…

At the moment, I’m trying to hack together a script to get this info, but being able to hit the stats directly would be perfect!

My personal request is to be able to

1. Exclude particular users from archiving

2. Automatically remove old logs from database

3. Manually remove particular logs from the admin console (it’s Inconvenient to remove entries only from sql database)