powered by Jive Software

"Monitoring Service", bag from "Open Archive", request history

It seems to work! At least for vacuum-im, in xabber the messages contains wrong timestamps, but I think this is related to xabber.

Thank you very much!

Very glad it all worked out.

Thank you too for testing

“By the way, this plugin will generate an error when used in conjunction with MS SQL Server, because this database does not understand commands “LIMIT” and “OFFSET”. With PostgreSQL it’s work perfectly.”

True …so what whould be the solution for people like me who use sql server 2008 R2

I wish that the developers paid attention to it. I’ll try to fix it.

There are no developers

There are only people like you doing your best to make it all work for all of us

I would be greatful if you provide some workaround…thanks

OK, I solved the problem with “MS SQL Server”, but this plugin will only work with the version of “MS SQL 2005” and above.

I corrected the 2 bugs:

  1. The bug related to ‘LIMIT-OFFSET’ (for “MS SQL Server” has replaced another expression, other databases will use ‘LIMIT-OFFSET’).

  2. The bug related to expression “DISTINCT” and field ‘ofMessageArchive.body’ (“DISTINCT” can not work with the type “ntext”, so I changed it to “nvarchar(max)”. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187993(v=sql.90).aspx).

I hope it will work
Monitoring_1.4.0_patched_3.zip (1729919 Bytes)
Monitoring_1.3.2-rc1_patched_3.zip (1541499 Bytes)

1 Like

Thank you so much …The pluging worked.

Now what? These fixes will be included in the official version?

P.S. Slightly corrected file to create tables for MS SQL Server when you first install the plugin. For those who have updated to patch 3 is not critical.
Monitoring_1.4.0_patched_4.zip (1729949 Bytes)
Monitoring_1.3.2-rc1_patched_4.zip (1541547 Bytes)

Yes. If you can create a patch file on the latest SVN, that will help a lot

It seems to be made

Is that what you want?
patchfile.zip (2221 Bytes)

Thanks, filed OF-755

Thanks, that’s awesome. Will work on that this week.

Looks like Daryl did it already, thanks - will build it and test it this week then I guess!

We find other bugs due to which the story could not be loaded correctly.

In an attachment new patch (github), and new monitoring plugin.
Monitoring_1.4.3_beta_3.zip (1650642 Bytes)
fix_monitoring.patch.zip (2783 Bytes)

Thanks, filed OF-832

EDIT: I was mistaken, Stas’s patched version returns the correct stanza and it is actually the unpatched version which is not filtering the chat elements by the value of the ‘with’ attribute.

Thanks for the upload, unfortunately this version seems to contain a new problem problem when querying for a collection of conversations. When querying for the list of conversations with a specific JID jsmith@server

Example Request:

Example Response:

I expect to get a list of conversations between jsmith and someone else which occured after the specified start date. As already mentioned, the plugin does not filter the results by the specified start time, but in addition, your patched version of the plugin is returning a list which contains a number of elements which all have their ‘with’ attribute set to jsmith@server. I expect this list of elements to have the with attribute containing the jid of the person jsmith@server was in a conversation with.

Expected Response Example:

Message was edited by: Colton

If you want request the list of conversations with current jid (who querying), you must use a query:

    <set xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm](http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm)">

30

Response:

    <set xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm](http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm)">
        <first xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm](http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm)" index="0">927380</first>
        <last xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm](http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm)">930688</last>
        <count xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm](http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm)">150</count>

In your query, you’re trying to get a list of conversations “jsmith@server/resource” with “jsmith@server”.

Stas, thanks for your quick reply. I must have been mistaken, after reviewing XEP-0136 your implementation appears to function correctly and it is the non-patched version which is returning the unexpected stanza. Thanks again!

I installed your plugin but it does not work corettament. error:

*2014.06.14 20:55:03 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/monitoring *

*java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.MonitoringPlugin *

*at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366) *

Can you tell me how to fix … I really need it.

Openfire 3.9.3

OS: centos 64 bit