powered by Jive Software

Monitoring service installed but not working after upgrade

Hi, I have a problem with the monitoring service after an upgrade of Openfire from 3.7.1 to 3.9.0 and Monitoring from (unknown) to 1.4.2. The monitoring plugin it’s installed correctly (I’ve tried restarting the plugin and restarting the server unsuccessfully). The problem is that now I can see the messages previous to the upgrade, but the newer messages are lost (or at least not searcheable).

I am looking for clues in the DB (external mySQL) and some things tell me that messages are not precisely lost, but may be some ID issue or version issue the cause of my troubles. Examples:

When I search the max ID of a conversation (from table ofMessageArchive), I get:

±--------------------+

| MAX(conversationID) |

±--------------------+

| 3376626 |

±--------------------+

This ID is from the last conversation before the upgrade, a few days ago. When I search the max ID conversation in table ofConversation I get the same number.

When I get the ID of the last conversation by Type (from table ofID):

±-------±--------+

| idType | id |

±-------±--------+

| 18 | 58061 |

| 19 | 964585 |

| 23 | 168 |

| 26 | 2 |

| 25 | 1642 |

| 50 | 645940 |

| 24 | 3 |

| 21 | 3 |

| 20 | 2 |

| 600 | 3376627 |

±-------±--------+

The type 50 ID number (old plugin ID type I think) is rising, so I guess the conversations are being stored, but type 600 ID number (1.4.2 plugin ID type) stays in that number.

When I look at the error log, there’s a frecuent error in the list, that I think is related to the problem:

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.Conversation.insertIntoDb(Conversation.java:4 77)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.Conversation.(Conversation.java:140)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ConversationManager.processMessage(Conversati onManager.java:671)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ArchiveInterceptor.interceptPacket(ArchiveInt erceptor.java:75)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.MessageRouter.route(MessageRouter.java:123)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:80)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processMessage(StanzaHandler.java:3 73)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processMessage(ClientStanzaHa ndler.java:107)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:227)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:194)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:181)

I’ve tried some trick I’ve read, about changing the ID in the ID type 50, with the ID number in the ID type 600, but didn’t work. Also tried the other way around unsuccessfully.

That’s all I know by now, I hope you can help me with this issue, thank you very much

Alex

UPDATE: I’ve found another error in the error.log, after the quoted earlier:

2014.07.23 19:22:30 org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl - Error interno en el servidor
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.ensureMaxTotalSize(AuditorImpl. java:232)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.prepareAuditFile(AuditorImpl.ja va:208)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.saveQueuedPackets(AuditorImpl.j ava:377)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$200(AuditorImpl.java:59)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:364)

Thank you