powered by Jive Software

Monitoring small Graphs Not Being Generated

Setup is Openfire 4.2.3 and Monitoring plugin 1.6.1

On the Statistics page, all the small graphs are shown as Pictures not found.

In the logs stacktrace is found:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet - Null ‘paint’ argument.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null ‘paint’ argument.
at org.jfree.chart.plot.XYPlot.setDomainGridlinePaint(XYPlot.java:1925)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.reporting.graph.GraphEngine.generateSparklineAreaChart(GraphEngine.java:487)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.reporting.graph.GraphEngine.generateSparklinesGraph(GraphEngine.java:180)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.reporting.graph.GraphServlet.service(GraphServlet.java:120)

I commented in the GraphEngine.java the lines (2x) //plot.setDomainGridlinePaint(null); This solved the issue, but i have no clue what is the reason behind this and if it breaks something else.

Linux OS with OpenJDK? This might be similar Monitoring Graphs Not Being Generated

No, Windows and Oracle Java 8. But maybe it is a development issue. I compiled the plugin myself.

Still the java doc of Jfree explicitly says that this setters parameter should not be null.

I’m not a developer myself, so can’t say. If you think it should be that way, make a pull request with this change on Github and it might get fixed.

I’ve created this issue to track the problem: https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-1578