More options to manage groups

Hello everybody!

I wonder if it would be possible to have more options to manage groups in Openfire. My server is integrated with AD, I can see all the groups there in Openfire Console but if I want to share the group (GROUP 1) with some users not inside this group (they are in GROUP 2), I have only one option:

SHARE GROUP WITH ADDITIONAL USERS and select the GROUP2 from the list.

Thats means that the group is also shared for users from GROUP1, but want I want is to share them only for GROUP2.

Is it this XMPP compliant? Is it possible?

Another question of XMPP protocol: Is I add one user to my roster, I am added automatically to this user roster. Is there any possiblity to change this? Add users to my roster, and to add my contact to their roster automatically?

Kind regards,

JJ.-

The first question could be a part of JM-349

As for second one (and first one till chinese walls are implemented) you can try using Packet Filter plugin.

JM-349 is about restricting communications between set of users , but I don´t want to restrict communications, what I want is to control group visibility in users roster. May be this new feature could be added to JM-349

For the second one, I´m afraid packet filter plugin cannot be used in this case…

Thanks anyway for your comments!

JJ.-

1. Only allow group members to contact members of specific other groups.

I think this is what you need for 1) question. It doesnt say about showing users, but i think this could be assumed, as contacting would be blocked. Or maybe it could be added to this feature request as a comment.

Actually i didnt quite understand your 2) question. There is two similar questions in that part. So i dont get what you mean. I thought i shall mention Packet Filter anyway. Of course this plugin should be used to restrict some presence exchanges manually, there is no way to automate this. Shared groups are intended for sharing, they are not suited for specific isolation needs.

I will try to explain second question better:

(A) USER 1 adds a new contact. This contact is USER 2

(B) as a result of point (A): in the USER 2 contact list, USER 1 is automatically added

Is there any way to avoid (B)?