Ms sql 2005

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to setup OpenFire with MS SQL2005 yet? I tried following the How-to on this site for Database setups but i suspect the How-to is for sql2000. I get permission errors when trying to connect to the database and I am no SQL db expert. I tried to follow the How-to as best i could but no luck in getting it working.

Thanks

TR

Once you install MSSQL 2005 you need to create a openfire database on the server, you need to create a user account within MSSQL, grant this user full rights to the openfire database, configure openfire through the setup proccess to access the database using the database name and user credentials you just made.

Hi mt

It’s still not working. I created the database and have setup several users in SQL, but none of them seem to work. I first tried with a windows Authentication user and then with an SQL user…this is what i get

Prototype

java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ‘openfireadmin’. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2816)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2254)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:602)

thanks

tr

i got it to work…messy persmissions issues in SQL…why must it be so complicated.???

now i understand why databases get compromised. They make it so complicated with the permissions that people just give permissions to everything just to get it to work…

tr