MSN Gateway Bug

Alrighty then,

I’'ve been experimenting and (even with the newest BETA) the problem is an account @hotmail.com is just fine and works perfectly and downloads the contact list etc… BUT lets say an account @mydomain.com it signs them in but it seems to have a great problem trying to download the contact list to their friends they appear online but to them they can not view anybody but people can talk to them.

Is there any chance of this getting fixed?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: winsrev

Well, considering I have an @nc.rr.com account and not hotmail.com, I can certainly verify that “it’'s working for me”. =) If you have debug logs turned on, send them to me, otherwise I’'m not sure what to tell you.

I think I have a related issue (or even the same). Eventhough I am online, people see me as offline. Yesterday my boyfriend noticed that I was offline in his list.

I can send and receive messages, though.

I have a @mydomain.net msn address. (same for xmpp, msn, aim and icq )

If you need a log, please tell me, so I can turn on the debug log.

Using IM Gateway 1.1.0 Beta 5 and Openfire 3.3.2

Edit: He can’'t send me any messages, until I send him the first.

I now have over 2200 lines of logs, just tried sending some messages from him, to me and back and then to me again.

Message was edited by: MxSan

I’'d be happy to look over them if you send them my way. Email to jadestorm@nc.rr.com

You have got mail

wow, sounds very similar to my issue here

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=27795&tstart=0

i am going to try and register another msn account of mine and see if there’'s a difference…

Thanks MxSan! I got it, looking over it!

Thanks for taking the time to look this over, if you find any results could you post them please? thanks!

Just a little update: Someone spoke to me.

That means someone can initiate a chat with me and I tested this out in my boyfriend’‘s msn-client and I even appear online. Don’'t know why…

Re: the log from MxSan

Well. Not entirely great news. I can’‘t see anything that looks wrong what-so-ever. I see where you said you didn’‘t receive a message. I can certainly see him coming online and such. I don’‘t see anything wrong in the login process. All in all there’‘s nothing here that explains what’'s going on. =/

I did some comparisons with what Pidgin is doing and I’‘ll try to put out a new beta for you all to try soon. There’'s a chance it might have been a simple slight imperfection with the handling of the MSN protocol.

MxSan wrote:

That means someone can initiate a chat with me and I tested this out in my boyfriend’‘s msn-client and I even appear online. Don’'t know why…

Well crap, that’‘s not a good sign. I don’‘t see anything in your MSN roster that indicates that he shouldn’'t be allowed to contact you.

hmm, well, for me its only the downloading of the contact list on non @hotmail logins…

winsrev, do you have any debug logs you can send me?

jadestorm wrote:
MxSan wrote:

Well crap, that’‘s not a good sign. I don’‘t see anything in your MSN roster that indicates that he shouldn’'t be allowed to contact you.

I thought it was a good sign to see it working as it should. The one that started a chat with me, was on my contact list. Sorry, if I wasn’'t that clear.

Well, I mean, I guess it’‘s a good sign for you. =) But from my perspective it’‘s a bad sign because it makes the "why isn’'t it working between you and your boyfriend" even more mysterious.

Maybe it was just a temporary bug or something on one of Microsoft’‘s servers. It didn’'t happen since, as far as I can see.