MSN not sign-in after upgrade to 3.6.0 and 1.2.4c

Do you have any clue of what’s going on with this version and why MSN doesn’t work? I already drop database, create database installed from nothing and don’t work neither. Same errors.

Java:

java version “1.5.0_13”

Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05)

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_13-b05, mixed mode)

Linux pear 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 02:46:46 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron on a x86_64 machine.

Did the MSN gateway use another protocol but HTTPS prior to 1.2.4? Is it really possible that my Java VM does not support HTTPS?

The Current GW-Plugin and/or Openfire 3.6.0a has a problem with MSN Passwords containing one of these chars:

& or / or %

Error in log produced is:

2008.09.02 10:52:38 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:92)] Login error
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.jml.protocol.soap.SSO.getTicketFromResponseXml(SSO.java:333)
at net.sf.jml.protocol.soap.SSO.getTicket(SSO.java:308)
at net.sf.jml.protocol.soap.SSO.getTicket(SSO.java:82)
at net.sf.jml.protocol.incoming.IncomingUSR$1.run(IncomingUSR.java:287)

Spark 3.5.8 fails login silently.

If I remove them the login works fine. The problem did not happen with 3.5.1 and the former gateway.

Hrm. I’m beginning to think we should revert to a pre-MSNP15 version of the protocol gateway plugin. It’ll leave some folk with busted connections re-screwed over, but “the bulk” of folk using the plugin won’t have issues. MSNP15 and switching away from MINA were expected to help a lot of folk’s connections. Try this attached version, lets see if that helps. It’ll revert some cool improvements but if those cool improvements are breaking things then “ta hell wit’ em” for now.
gateway.jar (1196861 Bytes)

No it only uses https for authentication at least – it has to, microsoft requires it. =( That said, try the attached gateway.jar as I reverted the MSN improvements.

This version (1.2.4d) works for me.

my java version is sun-jdk-1.6.0.07

I’m running gentoo, so everything else should be fairly recent.

What are the features that I will miss with this downgrade? At the moment, for me at least, everything seems to work and the passwordthingy is something I can live with as long as I know it…

The new version works now but I did find something interesting this morning. I have just about everyone at my office using Spark 2.5.8 and the MSN part would not work using gateway 1.2.4C except for one person who was still using Spark 2.5.2 But like I said gateway 1.2.4D is working fine now thanks again for the quick fix.

No.2 wrote:

What are the features that I will miss with this downgrade? At the moment, for me at least, everything seems to work and the passwordthingy is something I can live with as long as I know it…

Good question. Nothing “specific” actually. What we did was upgrade from version 10 of the protocol to version 15. Version 10 occasionally gets “messed up” by MSN, so to speak, but it’s fairly rare. Upgrading to the newer protocol should work better when chatting with users on newer clients. There’s different ways of doing simple stuff like changing personal messages and such. Lots of stuff is HTTPS based for some odd reason (soap calls). The real benefits were to be behind the scenes, not to the users of the plugin itself, so really you are losing nothing.

There were a number of people reporting connection problems with MSN with previous versions of the plugin that were caused, most likely, by Cindy. (the network library used) Seems to primarily affect windows machines, and seems to make no sense that it does. Either way, those folk will remain “screwed over” unfortunately, but that’s going to have to be a “needs of the few vs needs of the many” decision. =)

Thank you for the comprehensive reply…I think I will stick to the 1.2.4c as long as it works for the “never touch…” reason .

which forecast to launch the plug-in Gateway to correct the problems in connection with MSN.?

That’s resolved my problem. If you need access to my server, I can provide to you test and debug what’s going on with version 15 of MSN protocol. Contact me by email.

Thanks,

Wagner Sartori Junior

I am on 3.5.2 and plugin 1.2.3a, and all of the sudden MSN, Google Talk and Yahoo are giving me error when signing in this morning! Worked fine yesterday. Help!

Ok, i figured out google talk - the default setting of talk.google.com 5222 doesn’t work any longer (from my server anyways), tried telneting there.

Yahoo and MSN connect, at least using telnet.

Has this been included in 1.2.4d? I still can’t connect to MSN. 1.2.4c was working fine ( though I have sinced moved Openfire to a different machine to stop some memory leakage. )

Edit: 1.2.3c doesn’t work either so I’m going to assume it’s something odd my firewall is doing.

It gives the following reply when I try to connect:

Undefined condition.
The error condition is not one of those defined by the other conditions in this list.

You were disconnected from the MSN service.