MSN users goes offline without any reason

Hello Everybody, I have setup 2 openfire servers (3.2.2) wich works under linux (Debian etch). There is a big trouble because the users start session (Using Spark 2.0.7 or 2.5.2) and randomly some users gous offline, I have see at Openfire logs and get this, but I don’t know how to fix it, any sugestion

2007.08.17 14:02:58

org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToOpe nfireAppender.java:49)

Exception while processing packet:

java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.session.TransportSessionManager.removeSession (TransportSessionManager.java:166)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:387)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:173)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)at

org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.broadcast UnavailableForDirectedPresences(PresenceUpdateHandler.java:435)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:114)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:88)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:151)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:123)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)< span class=“hilite”>at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 306)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:85)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:231)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:153)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:132)

The error you are seeing there is actually “unimportant”, and is fixed in trunk. However, I’m still tracking why Spark and the new IM Gateway plugin aren’t getting along entirely well.

Sorry for ask too much

I have downloades Im-gateway sources using svn way , but it doesn’t have a build script, where I can find it?, or there is any way to use the version of trunk on jar version online?

Look under the Documents section of the community here. =) I have build docs posted there. (it has to be built amongst openfire)

I have used your tutorial, but I can’t find the build.xml file, this file or the folder that contain it isn’t in the SVN

It’s in openfire’s trunk, like the document says you have to check out openfire, then check the gateway plugin out “inside” of it using one of the mechanisms listed, and then the build file is in the build subdirectory under openfire.

I have follow your steps but whe I try to use ant I get this:

BUILD FAILED

/home/jeffto/openfire/build/build.xml:1204: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/home/jeffto/openfire/build/build.xml:1230: /home/jeffto/openfire/work/lib not found.

any suggestion?

Did you build openfire itself first? (ant openfire)