MUC Creating issue

HI, everyone .I’m a chinese student currently developping an IM application using the smack library.

I have managed to do a lot of things, but i can’t create a MultiUserChat.

here is my test code:

public void groupTalk(){

try {

if(multiUserChat==null){

multiUserChat = new MultiUserChat(connection,"xx@192.168.1.66");

multiUserChat.create(“xx”);

multiUserChat.sendConfigurationForm(new Form(Form.TYPE_SUBMIT));

}

} catch (Exception e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

}

My server is at 192.168.1.66, and i use tigase as server.I also looked at the API document . As the document says :

> public **MultiUserChat**(XMPPConnection connection, String room)

Creates a new multi user chat with the specified connection and room name. Note: no information is sent to or received from the server until you attempt to join the chat room. On some server implementations, the room will not be created until the first person joins it.
Most XMPP servers use a sub-domain for the chat service (eg chat.example.com for the XMPP server example.com). You must ensure that the room address you’re trying to connect to includes the proper chat sub-domain.

Parameters:
connection - the XMPP connection.
room - the name of the room in the form “roomName@service”, where “service” is the hostname at which the multi-user chat service is running. Make sure to provide a valid JID.

I just wondering the second parameter of the constructor, as the example above, I use the “xx@192.168.1.66” as the parameter.

xx@192.168.1.66 is a user account at the server. When I call the function, it will then say" No response from server".But if I user some

random name such as room@192.168.1.66, it will also say “No response from server”.

Is there anything I should pay attention to the second parameter?

Any Help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lu Hui

hi … i am from china … i know this problem my QQ is 45638046

You need to address the MUC service. I don’t know what that would be for tigasse, but it would be something along the lines of “xx@conference.192.168.1.66”

thank you for helping me~~

yes,you are right , I change the address to xx@muc.192.168.1.66, then I can create the MUC. Thank you very much