MUC invitation decline problem

when calling MultiUserChat.decline(), I get the following error back from the server:

/code

Is this a problem with the muc implementation?

Anyone know on this one, or am I just being daft?

Hey Adam,

Which server are you using? I think the packet that Smack is sending to the server is correct. You can verify the url=http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0045.html#inviteexample 45 of JEP-45[/url].

Regards,

– Gato

Hrmm, it looks ok to me. I’'m using jabberd2 and mu-conference 0.6.0. I guess what I thought was weird is that the error packet sent back to smack triggers the InvitationRejectionListener on the side of the person who sent the decline.

Sorry about that… a simple search could have told me what was what

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the bug report. The problem has been fixed and the bug fix will be available in the next nightly build. The created issue for this problem was SMACK-101.

BTW, as far as I remember mu-conference was not supporting invitation rejections. At least that was the case one year ago. You may try your code with our server to see if things are working fine.

Regards,

– Gato

I should’'ve mentioned that I had a similar problem with the invitation listener. If there is an error inviting someone some of the fields forwarded by the listener are null, which is basicly how I checked to see if it was legitamate or resulting from an error from the server. So, Gato if you could fix that one too that would be great

Alex

Hey Alex,

Can you give me a test case or some easy way to reproduce this problem? BTW, try using the next nightly build or just grab the code from the repository and let us know if the problem still exists.

Thanks,

– Gato

Here is the troublesome packet:

/code

Another issue is I am not completely sure why I am receiving this error, but that will take me a little while to track down. I will check the latest nightly build as soon as I can, thanks as always.

Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for pointing this out. I created the issue SMACK-102 for this problem. You can also find the bug fix for this problem in the next nightly build or you can get it from the code repository too.

Regards,

– Gato