MUC Private chat

I have been working with MUC. When i use createPrivateChat() method of MultiUserChat class to send private msgs to another user of a particular muc room, those msgs are not received by the msglistener of the muc room of the other user. should some thing special be done to receive the private msgs. Checking the raw xml packets i saw that these private msgs were of type chat and not groupchat.

please do help

Hey aztec,

Which server (and MUC service) are you using? Could you check if the other user is receiving the XML packets? You can use the debugger window to check that.

BTW, private messages should be of type CHAT and not GROUPCHAT.

Thanks,

– Gato

the server is Jive messenger. Yes the other user is receiving the xml packets. I have used a message listener for that room which receives all message packets to the room and displays it but it doesnot display the private message packets.

Thanks,

aztec

Hey aztec,

I now understand what’‘s going on. The room won’'t be listening for private messages but only for public messages. You will need to add a new PacketListener to the connection and filter for packets of type Message whose type is CHAT. You can see a running example at MultiUserChatTest#testPrivateChat().

FYI, the room is filtering packets of type Message whose type is GROUP_CHAT.

Regards,

– Gato