Muc

sorry, forgot to ask, what is essential diff. betw. muc and GroupChat? (apart from fact GroupChat has no create() method…) am wondering if maybe I shoudln’‘t use GroupChat instead of muc… (since GroupChat has no create() method, how do you create grp chat with GroupChat? does creating instance of GroupChat create grp chat room?) I have a feeling GroupChat is simpler to implement, but don’'t know… have been adivsed here to use muc instead of GroupChat… so just wondering, what I should do…) again thank you very much…

Hey Kali:

As i stated before the room is locked to entry until you send the configuration form in. There is a mis-print in the javadoc that makes it a little misleading.

thank you very much, AWenckus… since am getting error (502) on both create() and endConfigurationForm() I guess I’'m kinda stuck right now…

(if you use GroupChat instead of muc how do you do this (no sendConfigurationForm() method for GroupChat… (also get 502 error on join() for GroupChat…) again many thanks…

we are now connecting to our server on port 80 (b/c some of our clients may not be able to connect to port 5222 due to firewall restrictions) I thought it was no problem b/c we can connect fine to port 80… but could it be that I’‘m having trouble creating MUCs b/c we’'re connecting on port 80? (b/c I remember last week I WAS creating chatrooms ok… I think…

many thanks to all for your help…