Multiple servers

I’'m a little confused on how you can have multiple wildfire servers interact. Would they share a database or would they each maintain their own? Where do you configure them to talk to each other?

Hi,

every server uses its own database. You just need to enable the server-2-server feature and then jabber servers like Wildfire will interact.

I wonder why you want to run more than one server.

Where do you configure them to talk to each other?[/i]

Admin Console: Server Settings -> Server to Server

LG

Well…

We currently use wildfire for internal communication for our support staff, we might want to put a second server for say… a customer service group to interact with customers, but we would want users of that server to be able to talk directly with us as well.

I am wondering what the server to server feature actually does. Is user@server1 able to talk to user@server2?

I am wondering what the server to server feature

actually does. Is user@server1 able to talk to

user@server2

Yes. The server to server feature also allows you to black list servers, allow only white-listed servers to connect to your server, or allows any server to talk to your server.

Hi,

so I wonder why you want to set up two servers … maybe the internal server is using LDAP and you don’'t want to add external customers there?

So you can do this without a problem, but currently there are no ACL’'s so your customers are able to use your search service and chat with each other as well.

There is the content filter plugin, maybe one can use it to limit some things.

LG