MySQL 5

I’'m currently running Wildfire 3.0.0 (soon to be 3.0.1) and want to also upgrade the server to MySQL 5. Is there anything special I have to do? Will Wildfire work with MySQL 5?

I just finished moving our server from Tomcat to standalone, and in the process hooked it up to MySQL5 instead of the Embedded connection. Its working like a charm.

I’‘m currently running MySQL4. Is simply upgrading to 5 going to bust up anything? Obviously I’'ll do a backup.

Hi,

this seems to be more a MySQL than a Wildfire question. I don’'t know about MySQL but a lot of databases offer the possibility to upgrade without currupt or lost data, so this may also be possible with MySQL. But it might be worth to ask google for upgrade problems.

LG

I’'m not really worried about the MySQL upgrade just if there are effects on Wildfire.

I suppose as long as it runs it’'ll be fine with the upgrade.

Hi,

as v5 is recommended in http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/database.h tml#mysql it just seems to run fine as you have obviously overlooked something (Murphy’'s Laws).

LG