Mysterious crashes, database errors

Hello all,

Our jabber server has been crashing mysteriously for some time now. I can’‘t be sure how exactly it started happening, but I believe it started happening frequently when we upgraded to Wildfire 3.2.2 from 3.1.0. I’'ve tried to upgrade to 3.3.2, but the problem remains.

I believe I have followed the proper upgrade instructions, but I never upgraded our database (based on the .sql files under resources/database/upgrade) because I couldn’'t figure out which of these I should be using. Below is one of the errors we have been getting on the logs in addition to the crashes:

2007.08.03 12:40:53 org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavailable(PresenceManage rImpl.java:264) Error storing offline presence of user: nobody#example.com

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint “jivepresence_pk”

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

this exception should not cause trouble for you. Anyhow I wonder how your users go online, as then the offline presence should be removed and when going offline it should be added again. Are you using a special client or privacy lists which block some presence packets?

LG

The server is used for web chat only, using a modified version of MUCKl so yeah, I guess it’‘s a special client. I don’‘t think Openfire should be crashing because of it, though, so I’'m wondering how I can set it to give me more debugging output (and also, which of the log files has relevant info for diagnostics).

I downgraded to Wildfire 3.1.0, but it’‘s still crashing. Here’'s the latest log dump I received:

http://pastebin.ca/648603

Hi,

Openfire is not crashing because of the DB errors, anyhow I’'ll create an issue to get this fixed. > JM-1103 <

The JVM should not crash because of the client you are using and “SIGILL” errors are very rare and thus hard to debug. You could try to use the current 1.6 JRE (1.6.0 u2) instead of 1.5.0_12.

LG