N/A status not working correctly

I have no idea if this was posted already however I couldn’'t find anything about it.

I’'m using psi as a client and when I set my client onto “Not Available” Yahoo sets me correctly to N/A however AIM, MSN and ICQ would take it as a normal “away”. Is this expected?

btw: Just for your information. Once I reported that my ICQ account couldn’'t login for some strange reason and I thought it is because I only have 7 digits instead of 8. It is actually working now I only had to set the charset of ICQ to something else and then it worked.

Obi_Wan wrote:

I have no idea if this was posted already however I couldn’'t find anything about it.

I’'m using psi as a client and when I set my client onto “Not Available” Yahoo sets me correctly to N/A however AIM, MSN and ICQ would take it as a normal “away”. Is this expected?

Hrm. AIM does not have a concept of N/A. (it’'s away or not away) ICQ, however, does have lots of status settings and I should be handling them. GATE-199. MSN does have more statuses to choose from, but none of the statuses seem to coincide with n/a to me. So I set xa (aka n/a) to just away in msn land.

btw: Just for your information. Once I reported that my ICQ account couldn’'t login for some strange reason and I thought it is because I only have 7 digits instead of 8. It is actually working now I only had to set the charset of ICQ to something else and then it worked.

Really? Hrm. That’‘s very interesting. There were some updates to help with ICQ support, but I didn’'t think that would help really. Hrm. What did you set the ICQ charset to?

There’'s an “old school” authentication mechanism, and I know all ICQ accounts work with it. I need to update at some point to use the old authentication mechanism.

The enconding I use for ICQ is windows-1250. I found it somewhere in this board and I just thought I’'ll try it and it worked.

That is very bizarre ;D but glad it got you logged in!!!