Name Search no longer working in Miranda

We recently made the switch to our live Active Directory server and now our search by name feature in Miranda no longer works. I have verified with an LDAP browser that the “cn” is still the correct user name that we want to be able to search on.

Other than that, nothing really should have changed. Any thoughts on where to look? The user search by name works correctly in Exodus, just not miranda.

What info should I provide to help resolve this?

Hi Jason,

In the Miranda IM Options dialog under Network -> Jabber -> Expert have you specified that the User directory is set to “search.[my-wildfire-domain-name]”?

Thanks,

Ryan

Yeah, that’‘s why it doesn’'t make sense. when I search by e-mail address it returns the name in the column just fine.

when you search by any of the name fields, nothing comes up at all.

Hmm… that is strange. Do the user’'s names show up in the User Summary listing in the Admin Console? Also, which version of the search plugin and Miranda are you using?

Thanks,

Ryan

I’'m using Miranda 4.0.3 and search plugin 1.1.6

jA

Well, the next step is to take a look at the traffic between Miranda and Wildfire. If you could try turning on Miranda’'s logging (Miranda IM Options -> Network -> Log Options… -> Log to File) and post what is logged after attempting a search I can see what might be going on.

Thanks,

Ryan

First did a search by name, then by e-mail address. replaced my company name with “xxx”

(00A18780:512) Data received

00000000: 2A 05 7E 41-00 04 00 00-00 32 *.~A…2

IqAdd id=7, proc=6, func=0x3250cba1

( SSL ) Data sent

recvResult = 378

( SSL ) Data received

Handling iq request for id=7

iqIdGetExtSearch

bytesParsed = 378

( SSL ) Data sent

IqAdd id=8, proc=6, func=0x3250c8dc

( SSL ) Data sent

recvResult = 238

( SSL ) Data received

Handling iq request for id=8

iqIdGetSearch

Result jid=adolfj@link.xxx.com

bytesParsed = 238

Message was edited by: jase700

Hi Jason,

I’'m a bit perplexed as to where the field “given” is coming from. Is that that a field you have defined in your LDAP installation?

Thanks,

Ryan

we actually don’'t have any values in our LDAP called “given”. We have “givenname” which is first name and “sn” which is last name. is there any way to change this mapping?

we also have “cn” which is their full name (last name, first name)

much thanks for all of your help.

jA

Yes, you can change the mapping, take a look at the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/ldap-g uide.htmlWildfire LDAP Guide[/url] on how to do so. But, I’‘m still curious to know where that “given” field is coming from and since your searches work fine with Exodus I’'m not sure if changing the LDAP mapping will help. Before doing a search with Exodus could you hit the F12 key and capture the data that is being exchanged between it and Wildfire.

Thanks,

Ryan

Results from Exodus

RECV: The following fields are available for search. Wildcard () characters are allowed as part the of query.User SearchThe following fields are available for search. Wildcard () characters are allowed as part the of query.

Well, I’'m kind of stumped. Any luck with the field mapping? Have you made any changes to the Miranda options? In the Miranda Options Plugins section, which version of the Jabber Protocol are you using?

upgraded to latest build of the plugin and it is miraculously solved… went from .4.0.2 to .4.0.3

jA

Very interesting. Good to hear that upgrading it worked.

Hi!

I have a similar problem here.

That’'s whar miranda logs:

JabberBasicSearch called with lParam =

Thread started: 32513491 1024

IqAdd id=12, proc=6, func=0x3250cc2d

(00A11C18:404) Data sent

(00A11C18:404) Data received

recvResult = 295

Handling iq request for id=12

iqIdGetSearch

bytesParsed = 295

IqAdd id=13, proc=6, func=0x3250cef4

(00A11C18:404) Data sent

(00A11C18:404) Data received

recvResult = 329

Handling iq request for id=13

iqIdGetExtSearch

bytesParsed = 329

I get “No user found” (at 12:06:55 and later).

Or I get ‘‘something’’ with the search string in it, if I search for jid bla (at 12:06:42), I get bla@rzha029.foo.de back. But - obviously - there there is no such user.

Versions: Wildfire 2.5.1 (because 3.0.1 does not work with my ldap at all), Miranda 0.5

I will be out of the office July 31 -August 5.

If you have questions about Bizflow, please see this page https://ekpwiki.sra.com/wiki/Bizflow_Help

If you need assistance with setting up Conference Place accounts, please contact linzi_bresler@sra.com.

If you need to set up a conference call (audio) account, please sign up at http://www.intercall.com/direct/sra

If you are having problems with the SRA Portal, CostPoint Datamart or Secure Instant Messenger please complete a computer support ticket.

Hi Hans,

Are you running the version 4.0.3 or greater of the Miranda jabber plugin?

Thanks,

Ryan

I tried 4.0.0 first und then upgraded to 0.5 (as stated above).

moser wrote:

I tried 4.0.0 first und then upgraded to 0.5 (as stated above).

Right, I saw that. I wanted to make sure that you were using the right version of the Miranda Jabber plugin (since it’‘s possible for Miranda and its plugins to have different versions). Looking again at the error it appears you don’'t have the Wildfire search plugin installed. Try installing the search plugin, logging out and back in using Miranda and see if the search works.

Thanks,

Ryan

Is so that search plugin hint above. But isn’'t that the plugin, which is installed by default?

I can see it in web admin und in the directory

sths242:/opt/wildfire/plugins # l

total 32

drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 128 Aug 3 16:14 ./

drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 384 Aug 3 16:14 …/

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 104 Aug 3 16:14 admin/

drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 256 Aug 3 16:13 search/

-rw-rr 1 root root 32708 Mar 9 22:41 search.jar

I can search for names in web admin just fine. I think, it’'s already there…