Need help with Openfire 3.5.2, Fastpath and Webchat

I have installed Openfire 3.5.2, The Fastpath plugin and I have deployed the webchat.war file to a Tomcat 5.5 server. All are operating with Sun Java 1.6.0_06.

The web chat feature seems to work fine up until the point when the Spark client actually accepts the chat request. The Spark client joins the Fastpath Conversation and the window indicates that the web chat user has also joined. However, the web chat queue information/live chat window never changes state from ‘Routing Your Request’ so the chat session is not usable.

The live chat window does show 2 javascript errors. I have attached an image of a FF3 window with Firebug that shows them, but here they are:

queue.jsp line 78: ‘room’ is not defined

room.getChatQueue(handleQueue, ‘km5omrrbnG’);

queue.jsp line 78: ‘DWREngine’ is not defined

checkQueue()

queue.jsp()

room.getChatQueue(handleQueue, ‘km5omrrbnG’);

I have noticed the same behavior with Firefox 3, IE6, IE7 and Opera 9.51.

Is there an easy fix for this that I can make locally? Have I just set something up incorrectly?

Not sure if this might help, but instead of running the webchat.war on Tomcat, try the plugin on the same server as Openfire then connect using http://server:9090/webchat and seeing if that loads. I also remember a suggstion in another thread somewhere that running webchat.war under Tomcat 6 seemed to be better.

hi…

i have a small problem with the webchat…when i make any changes in the jsp file and request that jsp,i am getting the error message as

HTTP ERROR: 500

No Java compiler available

RequestURI=/webchat/index1.jsp
Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Java compiler available
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilationContext.ja va:224)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:559)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:303)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodi ngFilter.java:45)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)