Need help with upgrading my jive to openfire

Hi all

I really would appreciate some help here  I have a jive messenger 2.1.1 with embedded DB server, that I want to move to another server. I have already successfully migrated the jive messenger to the new server. Now i would want to upgrade the jive 2.1.1 to openfire 3.6.3 while I keep my database. I want the new database to be either embedded as it is now or if possible to export the old DB to an SQL DB and then tell the openfire that its database is located in this SQL. My problem is that I do not how to upgrade to neither openfire nor how to export my old embedded DB. Could you please advise me how to proceed with my task?

Thank you very much in advance,

Ivan Neshev.

Hi Ivan,

I think that this will be a painful migration. You may need to update to Wildfire, then Wildfire to the latest version, then to Openfire and then to the latest Openfire version. These links should be helpful:

Previous Openfire Versions

Migration from embedded-db to MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, …

Somewhere else the migration form Wildfire to Openfire is documented as it was not really easy.

It may be more easy to install a fresh version of Openfire and then compare the user and roster tables (the table names did change) and use a script or SQL import to migrate things.

LG