Need Newbie Help - Can''t Find Documentation

Hello,

I’'m seeking help on finding/using the following features:

. Add a second account

I cannot find a way to add my other Jabber account to Spark. I have one for work and one for home that I would like to use at the same time. The only option I can find on the login window is Accounts --> Create a New Chat Account. I don’‘t want to create one, I already have another one I’'d like to use.

. Service discovery

There doesn’'t seem to be any way to discover services or add new accounts to transports I am subscribed to. What if I add a new transport plugin to the server that I want to subscribe to? What if I have more than one ICQ account?

. Use transport-specific icons

Anytime I open a chat with someone who is on AIM, ICQ or MSN there is no avatar/icon for them. It’‘s always the same generic icon. How do I make their icons display instead of a generic icon? If there’‘s no support for transport-specific avatars/icons, why is there a box for it? It seems that if you can’‘t use that feature it shouldn’'t be present when opening a chat window to someone.

. Log out without closing Spark

Anytime I logout of Spark the program shuts down. Bug or feature?

foxmajik wrote:

Hello,

I’'m seeking help on finding/using the following features:

. Add a second account

That’‘s why i’'m using Psi. This is often opposed that with Jabber you dont have to keep a lot of accounts, because all servers should be in federation and you can reach all contacts via server-2-server connection (or transports).

. Service discovery

There doesn’'t seem to be any way to discover services or add new accounts to transports I am subscribed to. What if I add a new transport plugin to the server that I want to subscribe to? What if I have more than one ICQ account?

Anytime I open a chat with someone who is on AIM, ICQ or MSN there is no avatar/icon for them. It’‘s always the same generic icon. How do I make their icons display instead of a generic icon? If there’‘s no support for transport-specific avatars/icons, why is there a box for it? It seems that if you can’‘t use that feature it shouldn’'t be present when opening a chat window to someone.

you should ask this in Im Gateway forum, Spark is showing what it should for standard jabber account, so this box is present

Bug or feature?

Design. And i think this is not easy to change now. In other case this would be fixed long time ago.

I’‘m sorry but your response didn’‘t make much sense. I can’'t understand what you are saying because your english is very bad.

Add a second account

You cannot do this in Spark. However, you can use the XMPP gateway if you are running the latest version of the Openfire Gateway Plug-in.

You cannot configure registrations in Spark for anything other than ICQ, Yahoo and MSN, so you may have to use another client to do that.

. Service discovery

You’'re correct. Spark deals with gateways differently to most other XMPP clients. You need to wait for the software developers to add specific support for each gateway protocol.

The Gateway plug-in does not support avatars.

This is only an option in the Windows client.

DeeJay wrote:

This is only an option in the Windows client.

What option? When you log out in Windows client Spark is shutting down and then new istance is starting with help of starter.exe. So there is no option, imho.

Technically, you’'re absolutely correct. However, there is a ‘‘logoff’’ menu option in Windows which gives the impression of logging out without killing Spark (whereas on Linux there is no such option).

D

I just thought he was talking about technical part. Because he said “Anytime I logout”. Didnt know about logout menu absence in linux version.

I was wondering about this too. So there is no way to change this behaviour? I’'d like it to stay in the tray when you log off, but in a ‘‘logged out’’ state so you can just click the icon to log back in instead of having to get my users to go hunting around for spark.