Need to show description of user in Spark

In Spark we show the users name but I would also like to show the description from AD after the name. Is there anyway to make this happen?

You cannot show a description after the name in the contact list. you can however populate the vcard with all pertinent data from AD. here are the vcard mappings: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1773

I’ve looked through all of this but cannot find where to add Description Field into the Vcard.

There is no field in the vcard profile specifically for description. you can map any field in AD to Any field in the vcard profile. If you really must use the description.

I understand that I can map that field but I am not able to get it to work. I’ve added {Description} but I can’t get it to work. Any suggestions on what the mapping would be?

you cannot invent a new vcard field. you must use one of the existing ones. they are in the vcard mapping I already provided.

OK now I understand. Now back to the showing of description in Spark. Under the ldap.namefield it is set to DisplayName. Can Description be added to this as in ldapnamefield = Displayname description

unfortunately no you cannot merge 2 fields in the LDAP query.

OK Thanks for all your help

How can I ask that this be added to a later version of the software?