New Forum Features

Hey all,

These forums are now powered by a beta version of Jive Forums Expert Edition, the latest and greatest version of the product. You’'ll notice some new features:

• Ability to tag threads as a question. When threads are a question, you can mark when your question is resolved and can reward helpful and correct answers.

• Users that provide helpful and correct answers are provided points that show up in their profile and on a leader board.

• You can now filter threads to find questions that are open or resolved.

We hope you enjoy the new features. If you run into any issues, please let us know!

Regards,

Matt

Hey all,

We’'re continuing to do some UI tweaks to make the new forum features easier to use. If you have any feedback about the new features, please post in this thread. Also, be sure to mark answers as helpful or correct when you post questions!

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Jabber integration into the forums would be nice, thinking of

• putting a JID field into user-profiles

• sending message about new reply to the JID instead of mail

Regards,

Frank

Frank,

Jabber integration into the forums would be nice,

thinking of

• putting a JID field into user-profiles
  • sending message about new reply to the JID instead

d of mail

Yep, that’‘s a great idea and is something we’'ve thought about for quite some time. It should be quite easy to offer this feature once Jive Messenger supports server to server.

Thanks,

Matt

Another good thing would be a -function as other web-forums have, usefull here for example:

http://jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=13892&tstart=0

How can i change my thread status? Can i change it to question?

How can i change my thread status? Can i change it to

question?

You can change a thread into a question up to 15 minutes after it’‘s posted. Generally, it’‘s a good idea to mark it as a question when posting (there’'s a checkbox for this).

Regards,

Matt

You can change a thread into a question up to 15 minutes after it’‘s posted. Generally, it’‘s a good idea to mark >it as a question when posting (there’'s a checkbox for this).

Yes, i have noticed this checkbox, but i posted it like a simple thread. And i couldnt find where i can change it, i think i was looking for this before 15 min. passed. Hm. Maybe you can change my last thread to queastion for me?:slight_smile:

Hi Matt,

what about to assign some points also to people who rate messages (not just to people who answer messages)?

Regards,

Frank

When i’'m trying to set avatar it log outs me out of forum

When i’'m trying to set avatar it log outs me out of forum

Ditto!

Sorry about that guys! We’'ll get that fixed this AM.

Cheers,

–Bill

Guys,

It should be working now – give it a shot.

Cheers,

–Bill

yes, it’'s ok now:)

Guys,

I apologize but I had to delete all the avatars and re-add them. We changed them all to 32x32 images (they were 48x48). Please reset your avatar (click on the “Your Control Panel” link).

Cheers,

–Bill