New install, LDAP integration, AD, test work in the wizard, then lockout

I am evaluating whether openfire will work for a messaging solution within our small IT group, and I go through the initial setup, configure the database to use the embedded DB, then enter all the correct info for proper LDAP authentication. I add my users who should have admin access, test the accounts and they work. Then I finish the installer, and go to log into the admin console again, only to get a rejection. I used the debug logs, and it gives me the following error:

2008.05.29 15:34:48

org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.UnauthorizedException: User ‘JabberUser’ no allowed to login.

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:133)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:42)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:842 )

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

What am I doing wrong? LDAP works, and I tested everything and it is fine, but then I go to log in, and nothing…

Running AD on 2k3 Server.

Thanks,

Parmzilla

Login is case specific. An capitals in the username and password must be used. If the username contains any non-alphanumeric characters that could also pose a problem. Check your openfire.xml file as well to make sure the admin users are added there (c:\program files\openfire\conf\openfire.xml).

I have been using the proper credentials, the test worked fine, then when I try to log on after the full install, no credentials work…

Can you verify the admin users are in the openfire.xml file? Better yet can you post an editted copy to look at. Remove passwords and alter domains for security. Leave the admin users please so we can see them.

Here it is, did some security editing…

I went step by step through the setup wizard, made very little changes, only enough to test the our ad settings. Like I said before, was able to test the accounts fine before I hit finish, then after finish, can’t log in at all.

Ok I do not see any glaring errors, in fact it seems to be correct from what was left unedited. Was os is openfire running on? One change you could make would be the adminDN (I have had issues with the method you used):

ad..DC=ad,DC=,DC=

/code

If your openfire admin is JabberUser you must enter it exactly like that in the username field, caps and all.