New Install

I just installed on my linux web server. I can connect from out side of firewall but my buddy list shows “waiting for authorization” what is that about?

I have 1 buddy when I try to type something I get “unknown error”

We will need some log (or even debug) output from your wildfire server to be able to lend a hand.

Do you have your SRV records published in your DNS?

Peace. Love. Linux.

xmpp:jason@sjobeck.com

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2006.05.10 08:12:52 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: dawnmist.com(DNS lookup: dawnmist.com:5269)

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

2006.05.10 08:12:57 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: dawnmist.com(DNS lookup: dawnmist.com:5269)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

2006.05.10 08:16:07 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Out goingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: sjobeck.com(DNS lookup: sjobeck.com:5269)

2006.05.09 21:26:41 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

jharms

2006.05.09 21:27:06 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

jharms

2006.05.09 21:27:42 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

jharms

2006.05.09 21:29:03 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

jharms

2006.05.09 21:34:04 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

bcurtis

2006.05.09 21:35:29 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

bcurtis

2006.05.09 21:42:49 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

jharms

2006.05.10 08:12:50 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

bcurtis

2006.05.10 08:19:15 Logging off bcurtis@www.dawnmist.com/BigFish on org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@c26c8f socket: 1057305[SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA: Socket[addr=/192.168.12.151,port=49200,localport=5223]] session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@1a791f status: 3 address: bcurtis@www.dawnmist.com/BigFish id: 157e357f presence:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:139)

See this URL:

… which shows no SRV records published to public DNS.

You dont have that “catch-all” or “wildcard” or “*” hostname record in your zone file for your domain enabled, do you?

Cheers.

Jason

Post Scripot: by the way, I would bet a doughnut that you would get far more eyeballs, far more experienced eyeballs than mine, looking at your thread if the title of your thread had something to do with what is going on here, like “server to server connection failing” or anything along those lines. Not that I am some expert, I am not, but I have found from wasting my own time on a few forums over the years, that you really need to “hook” people wth your title to come read your thread & help you. (It’'s all marketing these days!)