New Jive Server and non-trillian users cannot connect

I just installed the Jive Server on a local intranet and I can connect to it fine with Trillian. I can use any username and pw with no problems. Problem is if someone in this office does not have trillian and tries to use something else like Yabber it won’'t connect. I made sure firewall and Norton was disabled for testing purposes as well. On the client side it also says “Cannot keep connection to server, trying again in 10 seconds” This is the error I see in the Jive Log:

] Could not route packet

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.available

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.valueOf(Presence.java:308)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getType(Presence.java:93)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:77)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:59)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:240)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:105)

Any possible solutions to this error?

Should I use another client instead of Yabber?

TIA

first-time Jive user/installer

Hi ultralord,

That looks like a similiar problem as to what was url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=99813&#99813reported here[/url] (I’'m not sure what client Michel was using when he was seeing the same error). As you suggested, try using a different client like Exodus or Psi and see if you have the same problem.

Thanks,

Ryan

Many people seem to be hitting this issue. I think the right solution is to turn invalid presence types into a warning rather than an error since old clients may not be fixed for a long time (if ever). I’‘ve filed JM-340 to cover this and we’'ll try to get it into the next 2.2 beta.

Regards,

Matt

thanks…im gonna try the Exodus client and i’'ll let you know how it goes…Thanks all