powered by Jive Software

New setup problems with users

Hi All

I have JM 2.2.2 .rpm downloaded and installed on my redhat box and have the service running etc, all the install seemed to go well and has default settings currently.

I originally selected settings for a closed server and created two users for testing. Using GAIM under windows for client access I got user not authorised messages and the connection is dumped. There is no error log entry recorded in the server.

I changed to promiscuous default mode and used GAIM to create a new user which now apparently logs in succesfully but the user does not appear in the server admin list and the client sessions remain at 0. it is as if GAIM thinks it is connecting but isn’'t and the server thinks it is running but is not recording stuff. I am using the embedded db settings.

I have opened all the ports in the firewall for JM that I can see need to be opened and am now stumped. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am/ am not doing?

TIA

cheers

Tony

Message was edited by:

thowden

Footnote: I have added another user via GAIM auto -registration and edited the user info then added that user as a buddy to another auto-registered user and done a get info enquiry and can see all the info, but in the server admin there are still no users or sessions being reported. So the auto-register accounts work but I cannot admin them?

Message was edited by:

thowden

Further info : I have two gaim clients showing each other as Offline Buddies but they both show Not Authorised - which is ok except that neither of them get an option or message to allow authorisation. I tried the re-request authorisation but nothing happens for the requested buddy. There are still no user accounts appearing in the admin panel.

Hi All

Ok. Finally worked it out. Mind you I had tried almost all of this previously.

Simple. Stop the JMd service.

Hmmm… Stop the JMd service … again…

Two services running, one connected for the admin, the other connecting for clients, and ne’'er the twain shall meet…

I think there must be some issue with the way I run the shell script jive-messengerd as when using this to start/stop the service it hangs. Going direct to the bin/messenger and using it directly works fine.

So a bit more research is needed, but I can now see users, and they get added to the admin screen, etc. which is/was the main issue that I had.

cheers

Tony