New Sparkplug Available! "SparkWords"

SparkWords v.1.0 has been released. Thanks to Tim Chandler for creating this plugin.

Features[/b]

This also adds the toaster pop-up ability for all messages, regardless of keyword, if the user so desires.

Great news - I’‘m anxious to try the msg popup thing. BTW, I’‘m new to this forum, and new to Wildfire & Spark. However, I must say I’'M VERY IMPRESSED. GOOD JOB!!!

Now for the newbie question. Where do I find this “SparkWords” plugin. I checked Downloads and I don’'t see it. Help

Nice plugin Tim!

In Spark, go to “Spark | Plugins” menu.

Derek

Thanks. I am running Spark v1.0.4 on my WinXP Tablet Ed w/SP1 and Spark v1.1.0 gave me trouble (empty roster as I remember) so I went back to v1.0.4. It doesn’‘t have the Spark command, it has Connect instead (as you probebly know). I guess I’'m SOL trying to get this plugin installed into v1.0.4?

1.1.0 is giving you trouble? Do you have any errors in the log files?

Cheers,

Derek

Hello!

may sound like a stupid question but what does Sparkwords actually do?

Yes, I tried the search function before!

Bye

Starry

SparkWords v.1.0 has been released. Thanks to Tim

Chandler for creating this plugin.

Features[/b]

Hi,

did you read what Derek posted? Anyway I’'m so kind to copy it here again:

Features[/b]

This also adds the toaster pop-up ability for all messages, regardless of keyword, if the user so desires.

and another user posted:

Great news - I’'m anxious to try the msg popup thing.

LG

Hello!

Yes, I did read it, but what does it mean?

Dont gete me wrong but the terms “msg popup thing” and “toaster pop-up ability” does not sound much like a description of a feature?

Maybe I am just too stupid but I was able to follow most of the thread going on in this forum…

Bye

Starry

did you read what Derek posted? Anyway I’'m so kind to

copy it here again:

Features[/b]

This also adds the toaster pop-up ability for all

messages, regardless of keyword, if the user so

desires.

and another user posted:

Great news - I’'m anxious to try the msg popup thing.

Hi,

oh, it’'s very clear in my option. If a user sends you a message you will get a popup window to see that a new message has arrived. Some people have disabilities to notice new messages within Spark and so a popup which normal users consider as annoying was implemented.

The other feature is popup on keyword, so if you like to get notified via popup for incoming messages which contain e.g. “Hello” you’'ll like it.

LG

Thanks alot, now I understand. Feel free to think about Austrian being a little bit slower…

Bye

Starry

I wish I had watched this thread…

SparkWords does two major things:

1. SparkWords can notify you of incoming messages that contain certain keywords that you specify

2. SparkWords can notify you of all incoming messages, no matter what.

Under each of those two things, you can set three options:

1. SparkWords can “flash” the chat in your taskbar

2. SparkWords can create a “toaster” pop-up notification

3. SparkWords can steal the window focus of your computer

All of these options can be turned on and off (in fact, you can have it installed and have it not notify you of anything) in a preferences dialog within Spark.

Sorry for the confusion!

Tim

Hi Tim,

You might want to consider adding a readme (and changlog) file to the Sparkplug so people can read what it does without having to install it.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan,

You are definitely correct. I was planning on looking into this in the next version, but couldn’'t find any info on how to add this when I was rushing out the first few releases.

Is it done by simply adding changelog.html and readme.html files to the jar?

Tim

Is there another way to get the plugin? When I go to the Available tab under Spark | Plugins, I get an error that it was unable to contact the plugin repository. I’‘m sure this has to do with the 2 (yes that’‘s 2) corporate firewalls and 1 proxy server that I’‘m behind so I’'m sure the only way around it is to manually download it.

Hi Tim,

Is it done by simply adding changelog.html and readme.html files to the jar?

Yes. What I did was tweak the jar ant target slightly so it picks up the two html files during the build process:

/code

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Message was edited by: ryang

Ryan -

Thanks a lot. I’'ll get that in the next release.

Roberts -

Have you upgraded to the latest version? It could fix it…

If not, the other solution is to download it onto a computer that you have that is outside all of the security. You will then find a sparkwords.jar file in the plugins folder of your install. Simply copy that to the plugins folder of your target machine.

If that doesn’'t work, let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Tim

Derek,

A nice feature to have would be if the readme and changelog files were viewable from the “Installed” tab, similar to how they’'re presented in the “Available” tab, in the Plugins dialog.

Thanks,

Ryan

This is a great plugin. I was wondering how hard it would be for you to make it so a popup happens when a user comes online. Not sure if someone coming online is similiar to a message being sent though. Good work.

KevCar,

That’'s in the works for the next version I hope to finish this weekend.

Tim